Business to Business and Business to Consumer needs of an organization being rightly addressed by the Business Intelligence System designed by IBM makes a concern potentially competitive. Generation of historic and current customer data supports effective decision making on product launch and promotion campaigns. Capitalizing on the data gathered by taking effective business decisions helps the firm not only to generate revenue but also in enhancing customer satisfaction. Customers generate desires by gathering product information from different sources like mobiles, web sites, telephones or through service points. Gathering data from all these sources by the Business Intelligence systems help the firm to get aware of customer approaches and design promotional activities accordingly. The Business Intelligence System created by IBM helps in making infrastructural analysis in terms of cost-benefit ratio and planning the implementation stage through existing and future systems architectural designs. Data storage technology used by the system covers Internet clickstream technology in addition to data warehouse systems. This helps in continuous generation of both historical and current customer data. Statistical and data mining activities practiced by the system help in targeting the internet traffic zones. Information Systems vs. Information Technology.
1. Blokdijk, G. (2008). Business Intelligence 100 Success Secrets - 100 Most Asked Questions: The Missing BI Software, Tools, Consulting and Solutions Guide. Lulu.com.
2. White, C. (2005). The Smart Business Intelligence Framework. Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/1182
3. IBM. (2000). IBM Business Intelligence Services. Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://www.sas.com/partners/directory/ibm/eca_spec.pdf
4. Cognos 8 Business Intelligence.(N.D ). Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/cognos/products/cognos-8-business-intelligence/capabilities.html?S_CMP=wspace
5. IBM. (2003). Basics of business intelligence
systems—an executive overview . Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/resources/systems_storage_solutions_business_intelligence_pdf_business-intel.pdf
6. Nucleus Research. (2003). ROI Evaluation Report: Microsoft Business Intelligence. Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://nucleusresearch.com/library/microsoft-roi/d14.pdf
7. Egger, Fiechter, Kramer, Sawicki, Straub, Weber. (N.D ). SAP Business Intelligence. Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://www.galileo-press.de/download/dateien/1190/sappress_bi.pdf
8. Missbach, M. & U. Hoffman. (2001). SAP hardware solutions: servers, storage, and networks for mySAP.com. Ptentice Hall.
9. Oracle Business Intelligence. (N.D.). Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://www.bi-dw.info/oracle.htm
10. Oracle Business Intelligence Installation Guide. (2005). Retrieved on October 11, 2010 from: http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/B16030_01/requirements.htm#CEGEFAGH
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples