The floor of the theatre houses 400 seats in two rows. The above seats are two storied and each storey comprises of 150seats. The seats of the theatre are racked structure so that all the spectators get a good visibility of the performance. The architecture of the hall is so constructed that the floor takes the weight of the stage and the ground level seats. The lighting of the theatre is constant from all the angles and this makes the performance a visual delight for the spectators. The seats of the hall are based on two divisions and there is a gap between clusters of the seats. The comfort factor of the spectators has been taken care of in the hall.
The secondary part of the theatre is the studio, which houses the small theatres and the plays from the visiting groups. The studio is much lesser in size than the main part of the theatre. The studio has the unique feature of the sliding walls, which can increase the space of the structure. The enlarged structure can house the technical area of the performance and the foyer. Space gets increased and it adds to the experience of the performance. The studio has the facility of the bar, which adds on to the experience of the audience. The studio has been popular among the audience for the small plays and it has added on to the facilities of the theatre. . The Royal Exchange Theatre - the Cultural Epitome of the City.
1. Royal Exchange Theatre. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.royalexchangetheatre.org.uk/page.aspx?page=463 (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
2. Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester. (n.d.) Maps of World.Com. Available at: http://www.mapsofworld.com/cities/uk/manchester/royal-exchange-theatre.html (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
3. English Buildings. (13th November, 2007). Available at: http://englishbuildings.blogspot.com/2007/11/royal-exhcange-theatre-manchester.html (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
4. Grotesque Geometry III. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.cromp.com/tess/home.html (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
5. Shayt,D. (1994). Society for the history of technology. Jstor. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/pss/3106526 (Accessed on 17thy April, 2010)
6. Negri,R. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.richardnegri.co.uk/exchange.htm (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
7. Background information. (n.d.). Available at: royalexchangetheatre.org.uk/.../Executive%20director%202010%20background%20info.doc (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
8. Welcome. (n.d.). Royal Exchange Theatre. Available at: http://www.royalexchangetheatre.org.uk/page.aspx (Accessed on 17th April, 2010)
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples