Facebook Pixel Code
x
We use cookies to create the best experience for you. Keep on browsing if you are OK with that, or find out how to manage cookies.

Jumeirah Palm Island Essay Example

Show related essays

Jumeirah Palm Island

This is a preview of the 4-page document
Read full text

Jumeirah Palm Island. This paper tells that the construction of the Jumeirah Palm island has already caused erosion in some parts of some UAE cost through reduced erosion has also been reported in some places. The island is, therefore, a potential cause of shoreline evolution along the UAE coastline. Marine pollution cannot be ignored due to the presence of real estate and commercial structures. However, Nakheel defends this point by declaring its commitment to practices which are sustainable and environmentally-friendly.  The island also presents some socio-cultural implications for Dubai. First, the place is already multi-cultural due to homeowners of varied nationalities. 4,000 homes and condos sold on Jumeriah were bought by citizens of the UAE and other countries in the Persian Gulf.

25% of the buyers comprised of Britons while the remaining 75% comprised of people from varied nationalities including several Americans (Al Darmaki 236). This means that the region will not have a homogenous culture or social life. Such a mixture will lead to the emergence of a new way of life. This is also worsened by the fact that the region is a tourist destination hence varied cultures and social way of life will be experienced in the place. The effect will be great given the small area coverage of the island which encourages close interaction. Jumeirah Palm island really deserves to be called the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World' due to its attention catching design as well as its fascinating marine surrounding. Though small, the area has a good potential of growing to a rich, self-sustaining tourist destination, commercial center, and residential area. Despite its beauty and potentialities, research needs to be done regarding pollution from industrial and residential emissions and the effects of tourism on its environment and gulf as a whole. For those planning to spend their holiday making tours any soon, Palm Jumeirah is the place to be. Jumeirah Palm Island.

This is a preview of the 4-page document
Open full text
Close ✕
Tracy Smith Editor&Proofreader
Expert in: Tourism, Design & Technology, Performing Arts
Hire an Editor
Matt Hamilton Writer
Expert in: Tourism, Journalism & Communication, Education
Hire a Writer
preview essay on Jumeirah Palm Island
  • Pages: 4 (1000 words)
  • Document Type: Essay
  • Subject: Tourism
  • Level: College
WE CAN HELP TO FIND AN ESSAYDidn't find an essay?

Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples

Contact Us