Facebook Pixel Code
x
We use cookies to create the best experience for you. Keep on browsing if you are OK with that, or find out how to manage cookies.

Stabilization Wedges in the Organization Essay Example

Show related essays

Stabilization Wedges in the Organization

This is a preview of the 8-page document
Read full text

Stabilization Wedges in the Organization. The wedges can stand for methods of making energy that have reduced emissions of carbon dioxide. They can also be used to store carbon dioxide at low levels that cannot flow in the atmosphere.A wedge that will reduce emissions can be attained if the fuel effectiveness of all the vehicles predictable for 2055 were two times from 30 mpg to 60 mpg. Effectiveness improvement may come from utilizing vehicles that have hybrid and diesel engines. The company should also make vehicles from materials that are strong but they are also light. Reducing carbon releases from trucks and planes by ensuring the engines more effective can also assist with this wedge. Use of airplanes is the fastest and most effective means of transportation.

A wedge can also be obtained if the number of miles covered by vehicles in the world is reduced by half. This type of reduction can be obtained if people change to mass transit and when people use telecommunication instead of face to face communication.It’s been expected that the buildings divisions has the scientific and financial latent to reduce emissions by half. Reducing emissions by 25% in the latest and accessible residential and commercial buildings can obtain a wedge that can reduce emissions. The reduction of carbon that is got from space and water can be obtained by end use efficiency strategies. These strategies are wall and roof insulation as well as renewable energy strategies. Renewable energy strategies include solar water heating and passive solar design.More adaptation that is effective comes at the plant stage from better turbines, from utilization rising heat fuel cells, and from joint fuel and turbines. At the scheme stage, more effective alteration outcomes from more still supply of electricity requirement, from poly-generation. Because of big supply of energy from hydro and nuclear energy, the electricity department by now gets about 35% of its energy from sources that do not produce carbon. Wedges can only come from the remaining 65%.Currently petroleum burning energy plants generate precisely one fourth of the globes carbon releases and are big point basis of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. A wedge can be obtained by using CCS to 800 large support load petroleum power plants or 1600 large support load normal gas energy plants in 50 years. According to all CCS methods, to supply. Stabilization Wedges in the Organization.

This is a preview of the 8-page document
Open full text

Works cited

Alley, Richard Etal. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. 2007.

Socolow, Robert. Solving the Climate Problem. 2004.

Socolow, Robert & Pacala. Stabilization Wedges: Solving the Climate Problem For The Student

Game Instructions & Materials.

Research.Com/Filecache/Message/S/T/3705669_Stabilization_Wedges_2004-08.Pdf>

Hotinsk, Roberta. Stabilization Wedges A Concept & A Game. 2007.

Pielke, Roger. The Climate Fix: What Scientists And Politicians Won’t Tell You About Global

Warming? New York: Basic Books. 2010.

Hafemeister, David. Physics of Sustainable Energy: Using Energy Efficiently and Producing It

Renewably. New York: American Institute of Physics. 2008.

Spannagle, Matt& Dawson, Brian. The Complete Guide To Climate Change. London: Taylor &

Francis. 2009.

Corley, Elizabeth & Campbell, Heather. Urban Environmental Policy Analysis. New York:

M.E. Sharpe.

Schnellnhuber, Hans Etal. Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change. London: Cambridge University

Press. 2006.

Celia, Michel & Nordbotten, Jan. Geological Storage Of CO2: Modeling Approaches For Large

Scale Simulation. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 2011.

Socolow, Robert & Pascala. Stabilisation Wedges: Solving The Climate Problem For The Next

50 Years With Current Technologies. 2004.

Close ✕
Tracy Smith Editor&Proofreader
Expert in: Business, E-Commerce, Marketing
Hire an Editor
Matt Hamilton Writer
Expert in: Business, Finance & Accounting, Macro & Microeconomics
Hire a Writer
preview essay on Stabilization Wedges in the Organization
WE CAN HELP TO FIND AN ESSAYDidn't find an essay?

Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples

Contact Us