Facebook Pixel Code
x
We use cookies to create the best experience for you. Keep on browsing if you are OK with that, or find out how to manage cookies.

Statistics Analysis of South Ozone Park Demographics Essay Example

Show related essays

Statistics Analysis of South Ozone Park Demographics

This is a preview of the 5-page document
Read full text

Statistics Analysis of South Ozone Park Demographics.  An illustration of the gender variable is shown in Figure 1. The pie chart summarizes the percentage of males and females in the population of Ozone Park City. Pie charts are good graphical representations of categorical data such as gender (Movoto, 2014). As such it is the best graph for illustrating the gender representation of the residents of ozone park city. The pie chart clearly shows that of all the residents of Ozone Park NY, 52% are females while the remaining 48 % are males. Pie charts are usually very important in visual representation of data because they are simple to use and provide a visual concept of the whole. Percentages are the best represented by pie charts (Stasticscanada, 2013).

Household income distribution of the residents of South Ozone Park represents the distribution as per the different income brackets at the household level. The median household income for residents of South Ozone Park is $61,476. This value is 40% lower than the median income level of New York Metro which is $102,734 (Movoto, 2014). The median is the most appropriate measure of central tendency that give a good representation of the income level of the people of Ozone Park City. The Median can play a crucial role in income level research because chances of encountering extreme values are very high. For instance, in South Ozone Park there may be people who earn much money as well as people who earn less money. In order for the researchers to provide a good representation of this huge difference in income earning, it would be ideal to use the median as the main measure of central tendency to represent such data. On the other hand, the mean would not be the appropriate measure in this case because it usually work well in a normal distribution. Also, the mean becomes relevant in situations where there are no extreme values (Cherry, 2015). A few people in the population such as a few millionaires may raise the economic status of the sample. Thus, make it look like the socio-economic status of the sample is higher than it if the mean was used. Statistics Analysis of South Ozone Park Demographics.

This is a preview of the 5-page document
Open full text

References

CDC. (2008). Using Graphs and Charts to Illustrate Quantitative Data. ETA evauation Briefs, 12, 1-3.

Cherry, K. (2015). How Do I Identify and Calculate the Mean, Median or Mode. Retrieved from About.com: http://psychology.about.com/od/researchmethods/f/mean-median-or-mode.htm

Few, S. (2004). Selecting the Right Graph for Your Message. Perpetual edge.

Hanna, D., & Dempster, M. (2014). Choosing between Mode, Median and Mean in Psychology Statistics. Retrieved from http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/choosing-between-mode-median-and-mean-in-psycholog.html

Movoto. (2014). Ozone Park NY. Retrieved from Poplation Demographics: http://www.movoto.com/ozone-park-ny/11416/demographics/

Stasticscanada. (2013, July 23). Circle graphs/ pie charts. Retrieved from Statistics Canada: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/edu/power-pouvoir/ch9/pie-secteurs/5214826-eng.htm

Tip, L., & Laurence, S. (2011). Research Skills: Levels of Measurements. Graham Hole.

Close ✕
Tracy Smith Editor&Proofreader
Expert in: Statistics, Mathematics, Physics
Hire an Editor
Matt Hamilton Writer
Expert in: Statistics, Geography, Environmental Studies
Hire a Writer
preview essay on Statistics Analysis of South Ozone Park Demographics
WE CAN HELP TO FIND AN ESSAYDidn't find an essay?

Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples

Contact Us